February 11, 2011 - July 2, 1985
Committal Details Macquarie Park Cemetery and Crematorium
married to Saphira (nee Khlentzos)
in February 1943 at the Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, Surry Hills
They were blessed with four children:
John, Andrew, Tina and Marianne.
1943: worked side by side in their business known as the Piccadilly” Café next door to the Capital Theatre.
1950: they bought the Athenian Restaurant in Castlereagh Street Sydney, which became a landmark in Sydney in the 1950’s and 1960’s. After the sale of both the Athenian Restaurant and Club, Charles and Saphira opened an Athenian Take-Away Coffee Lounge near the Sydney Opera House.
Charles sadly passed away on the 2nd July 1985.